||Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy was founded in 1981 by Russell R. Miller, Pharm.D., Ph.D. Self-published from that time through 2011, it is now published by Wiley Blackwell Publishing. Current and archived issues are avialable on the Wiley Online Library, which can be accessed using the link above.
|Authors who wish to submit articles for consideration should use the link above to submit through our ScholarOne Manuscripts portal. Pharmacotherapy is the official journal of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. Members of ACCP can access the journal online by clicking on this link and signing in with their ACCP login and password.
|The editor-in-chief is C. Lindsay DeVane, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPP.
Contact us at:
C. Lindsay DeVane, Pharm.D., FCCP, BCPP
Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Medical University of South Carolina, College of Medicine
Pharmacotherapy Mission Statement
Pharmacotherapy publishes peer-reviewed, innovative scientific and professional information and knowledge that catalyze change to improve patient outcomes through optimal pharmacotherapy.
A Vision for the Future of Pharmacotherapy
Pharmacotherapy will become a preeminent journal in the fields of clinical pharmacy and clinical pharmacology by serving as a knowledge source and publication venue for all health professions committed to improving patient outcomes through optimal pharmacotherapy.
Pharmacotherapy will be:
- recognized for publishing cutting-edge drug therapy-related clinical and translational research;
- extensively used as a pivotal source of knowledge of pharmacotherapy and practice innovations;
- recognized as the leading publication venue for health services policy and research related to pharmacotherapy and clinical pharmacy;
- highly respected for the quality of articles published and for the rigorousness of the peer-review process utilized;
- indispensable to generalist clinicians because of its broad array of pharmacotherapeutic content, and to specialists because of its high-quality and cutting-edge source of knowledge within their interest areas;
- used frequently by clinicians to support their patient care decisions;
- cited frequently by authors, placing it among the top journals in the Pharmacy/Pharmacology category as ranked by Science Citations Index;
- used frequently by educators to enhance their teaching;
- recognized for its ease of accessibility, contemporary delivery, and technological innovation.